Replacing Alternator on 1992 saab 900 2.1

I am thinking of replacing my alternator . I have never done one on a saab. Can anyone tell me what I am up against ? I would like to do it myself. Thanks papa

Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK

one tip i recall seeing was that it is very hard to find room to get the altrernator mounting bolts out...one of 'em is pretty long and there's not much room. The tip was to remove the mounting braket WITH the alternator...those bolts are shorter. Then take it apart on the bench.

Reply to
Mac Townsend

would an alternator from a 1992 900 non turbo fit a 1990 9000 cd turbo?

Reply to
es