Resetting the month/date?

I just had my car serviced which entailed disconnecting the battery which in turn, set my date and time to 12:00 01 JAN on my 1999 Saab

9-3.

I know if I hold the hour button it will go back in time (dec 31, dec

30...) but that will take FOREVER to get it to March. I checked the manual and online and couldn't find any way to reset to month and date. Anyone know how to do this short of returning to the service shop?

Thanks!

Reply to
Silver Saab

If it's a UK car, then hold down both the small buttons together for a while. That should trigger the clock to be set using RDS data from the radio.

If not, then for SID 1:-

select "temp"

Hold down CLEAR and arrow-down buttons for over a second - "Year" should start to flash.

Press CLEAR to store the year and go on to setting the month and date.

For SID 2, hold down the SET button alone to start the process and then use SET to store each setting.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp