Resetting Change Oil Soon message

I am having difficulty resetting the Change Oil Soon message on my 2003 Suburban. I've followed the procedure in the manual that says to put the
ignition to run mode without starting the engine, and then depressing the gas pedal three times in five seconds, but this doesn't appear to work.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
"Malcolm Jones" wrote

What are you seeing after you follow the procedure? Does the light stay on steady still, or does it flash about 5 times when you start the engine? I've noticed that on some vehicles, the light goes out and stays out, and on other's the light will flash a number of times, go out....but then repeat this on the next key cycle. Eventually the light seems to go out.
Ian
It does not flash per manual. It stays steady.

the
the
Make sure you are floor boarding it, and then fully releasing it. I usually miss it about everytime, because I am not paying attention to what I am doing.

2003
work.
"Malcolm Jones" wrote

I guess you may need to try it a few more times. What you should see is the light (Change oil soon) flashing about 5 times "after" you pressed the gas to the floor 3 times with the key on.
The service manual does mention that if the light cannot be reset, the instrument cluster needs to be replaced. You might want to see the dealership if you cannot reset the light.
Ian
On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 20:48:46 GMT, "shiden_kai"

Or for the out of warranty repair, the light bulb removed.
You might

I have found that it is much easier to reset when the engine is cold. I have tried two or three times in a row to reset it right after driving and would fail each time. When the engine is cold, it seems to reset first time every time. My 01 3500 Duramax isn't as bad about needing a cold engine as my 98 Lumina which requires a cold engine consistently.
Ron
Be sure your pushing the pedal all the way to the floor Jack And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. -- Abraham Lincoln
29 09.56N 082 10.13W