Reverse lights not functioning on '83 900 T

Any suggestions on where to look for the problem with my reverse light malfunction on an '83 900 T? I've replace bulbs, and all the other lights in the array function fine. Is there a switch someplace else that controls these lights?

Thanks

Reply to
Strom

The switch is on the side of the gearshift linkage housing. You'll need to remove the console around the ignition switch, locate the reverse light switch, and test/replace it.

Reply to
Grunff

Thanks Grunff. I suspected that's where I'd find it. Now I really will.

Strom

Reply to
Strom

In article , snipped-for-privacy@bellatlantic.net spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

I've got the same problem in my '84/85. They have never worked.

Changed bulbs, checked that the switch is actually connected (I take it is the bolted in connector on the side of the shifter with two black wire connectors plugging into it (with white wires attached).

Stupid question, but how do you test the switch/wiring arround the switch, what is the best way to short it out to test it works?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

The switch has 2 wires going to it. Check that one of the is live with the ignition on. Disconnect them from the switch, and put a continuity tester across the switch (bulb tester, multimeter on resistance, whatever). Should get continuity when lever is in reverse.

Reply to
Grunff

In article , snipped-for-privacy@yahooCAPS.com spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

Gues that is job number one to try first, although it looks like I won't get to it this weekend after all.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo