Saab 9-5 1998-99 wis, 2003 epc, download from here

I ran across this link and thought I would pass it on. As far as I can tell it looks very promising. I installed the wis and it works for me. Epc is next, but I'll need time later to do it. It was good for me. Let me know how it was for you.

Saab 1998-1999 9-5 WIS:

Saab 2003 EPC:

Saab parts pricelist (enter part numbers from EPC, get the list price):

DrDan

The documents you are pointing to are 300-400MB in size. Surely you did not mean for the list readers to be downloading files of this size?

-Dima

Reply to
Dima

"Dima" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Why not? Don't you have a broadband connection?

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

"Dima" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Ah, yeah. Might be worth it for some to leave the computer run all night- if you still have that 14.4 baud modem installed.

Reply to
DrDan

Oh yes he did. Just in case anyone doesn't know, WIS is Saab's own workshop manual for the car, as used by dealers etc. I have the 9-3 WIS on CD and it's well worth the GBP60 or so I paid Saab for it. If you do your own maintenance on a 9-5 and you have broadband, then this download would be a must. Not that I would condone such illegal behavior, of course...

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Thanks for clarifying :-). I was thinking we were offered a nifty link, and it was not clear it was not a virus.

I do have the workshop manual which covers all my cars - '91 900, '96 Aero, and '00 Viggen. Very handy.

-Dima

Reply to
Dima

"Dima" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

I installed the wis and then ran nortons av with no problem.

Reply to
DrDan

Yeah, they are big, but at least the WIS was worth it for me too, even though it took a couple of hours to download. Just entered my VIN and it knew all about my car. Thanks DrDan!

TIS 2000 also installed with WIS but won't run properly: it wants to use comm1 or comm2 and gives no other comm options - but I use ADSL and a network connection, so TIS just sits there, trying to start.

The other downloads are not so useful as my car is 98 model and in Oz, so I won't even try.

--=20 Regards, Peter Wilkins

Reply to
Peter Wilkins

Peter Wilkins wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I didn't load the TIS, it looked like it was an interface for the tech 2 tool which I don't have. And I also wanted to load

1 object at a time just in case. Where is Oz?
Reply to
DrDan

No, not available in this area.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

doesn't seem to work on Windows XP, won't install telling me that config.nt is not supported.

any suggestions?

Yeah, they are big, but at least the WIS was worth it for me too, even though it took a couple of hours to download. Just entered my VIN and it knew all about my car. Thanks DrDan!

TIS 2000 also installed with WIS but won't run properly: it wants to use comm1 or comm2 and gives no other comm options - but I use ADSL and a network connection, so TIS just sits there, trying to start.

The other downloads are not so useful as my car is 98 model and in Oz, so I won't even try.

Reply to
Bill Jackson

Slang for Australia -"the land down under"

Don't really know why "Oz" though - think it could be:

  1. Because the Queen with her Oh So Briddish accent calls it "Orztrayya". or
  2. We are called Aussies, contracts to Ozzies, hence Oz.

The majority vote probably goes to 2.

And do you really care????? :-)

And no, the petrol doesn't run out of the tank because we are upside-down........Saab design is impeccable.

--=20 Regards, Peter Wilkins

Reply to
Peter Wilkins

I installed WIS on Windows XP Pro with no probs. Just unzipped everything into a new folder, it automatically created lots of subfolders. I then found and ran setup from the main folder. It just asked me for what language I wanted then installed naturally with no probs.

Make sure when you extract to tick "Use Folder Names" if you are using WinZip: it probably won't install if all the files are in the one folder. =20

There is no config.nt in the zip file - perhaps it is something to do with your system config? If you do a google search for "config.nt" it comes up with many pages of solutions to problems with config.nt, so you may find an appropriate one.

Good luck.

--=20 Regards, Peter Wilkins

Reply to
Peter Wilkins

This link is no longer active. Is there an alternate location for download?

BL

Reply to
BL