ACC not blowing cold air

Hello everybody If you can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. I own a

9000i (98 model) and the ACC has recently developed a problem, in all modes. There is no cool air being mixed into the system, even on Lo hot air is being blown. The system is fully gassed and appears to be working ok. There are no diagnosis codes after calibration, just the zero then back to normal display. I first noticed a loud ticking under the dash on the drivers side, this lasted maybe a minute, I then realised the system hadn't adjusted the cabin temp as normal. Now there is a buzzing under the dash in the same place, as the system goes through its normal startup operation, I hadn't noticed this before. Any help/advice/comments would be appreciated. Many thanks Richard
Reply to
richard

It sure sounds like the Servo motor is dead, maybe cammed (spelled right ??)over You problably need to replace the Servo motor!

Reply to
Eg Egemarke

it does sound like my ongoing problem (900S, '97) though mine still actually works, there has developed a definite sound of plastic ratchet-teeth skipping (partly only in my case I suppose) over the gears of the servo-motor. Previous trawling of this site proved it to be not so rare, but a long (and therefor $$$) job to fix professionally.(involves removal of the entire central console) Much luck, whatever happens.

Bill Rule

Reply to
Bill Rule

Had the same problem with my 94 9k cs turbo right before the heating season late last November. This is wife's daily ride. I didn't have time to look into it. Been busy with my other SAAB's including converting a 94 CDE to 5 speed. So I opened up the dash top and forced the distributor flap the other way by pushing a connecting rod. She got nothing but heat from then on (no AC of course). She sometimes had to open the window a little despite shutting all vents.

I think I'll look into more when the weather gets warmer. This past winter in the US north east has been brutal. Didn't even want to work in the garage because it was so cold. I could always pull the connecting rod back so she gets noting but AC when the weather gets warm enough if I can't get to it in time.

Reply to
yaofeng

Thanks for those comments, gives me something to work on, particularly the issue with the heater flap

Reply to
richard