saab 900 paint seller?

Doing alittle touch up to rusty body work and can't find any matching paint. My car is a 900 T16 '87 and not sure what the saab name for the paint is but it's a graphite grey or slug colour if you prefer. I live in Manchester UK and just need a spray can as have no compressor or spray gun. Just if anyone knows of a supplier that is local ish. Thanks in advance Derek

Reply to
derek huffadine

There is (or should be) a color code on a badge on a cross member in the boot floor.

Metallic? - Odoardo grey?

-- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '87 900T8

MH

The cross member has a code for the bodywork of B204 if that makes any sense. the colour looks like the convertible on the saab.net site from your link. hope this makes it clearer. derek

m900.HTM

Reply to
derek huffadine

Saab official sellers should be able to provide you the painting kit you are requesting. BR

Pascal B.

"derek huffadine" a écrit dans le message de news: qBnPd.112$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe5-win.ntli.net...

Reply to
Pascal B.

If you get the paint code from the body shell, a good paint factor can usually mix up paint to match the colour quite well, and also suggest laquer and primer colours to use. If you need to, ask a local body shop, who the local paint factor is. The is a place on Winwick road Warrington, but I can't for the life of me remember their name, but it might be P&M body panels (actually, just found them P & M Auto Panels Winwick Rd, Warrington, Cheshire WA2 7PA Tel: 01925 415661 ).

Also, they can supply rattle cans, instead of paint for a gun in most places. They used Max Meyer professional paints.

The cans are pretty good too, usually featuring a rotatable fan tip, so you get the right direction of fan when spray down or accross the panel.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar