Saab 9000 2.0cd (90) Ignition woes

Hello, On my way to work the car just died. After returning home I checked the engine and found no spark so I replaced the ignition impulse module as everything I have read said this was the most likely cause, but the thing still will not start. Before I go out buying ignition coils and whatever else is there something obvious I should be looking for. Any ideas would be most helpful

146,000 miles on the clock

TIA

Simon

Reply to
Simon Shepherd

No sprak at the plugs? Do you get a spark from the main coil > cap lead? If not, put a voltmeter across the two low voltage coil terminals and crank. Do you get a voltage? If it's an analogue meter, does the needle bounce as you crank?

Reply to
Grunff