94 Grand AM wont start.

I have a 94 Pontiac Grand AM with a 3.1 automatic. When i first bought the car from the owner, the car started up and ran pretty good then i saw some spark coming the wires to the coils figuring it might be an easy fix then the car died, thinking it might the coil?s i immediately changed them figuring the car might fire rite back up but it didnt..it didnt for a couple days and to make it short I?ve changed the Fuel Pump, Fuel pump fuse & Relay, Coils, Cam and Crank Sensor and still the car still wont start. It might be the ignition module but i dont know where thats located but knowing it started up the first time with spark im totally not 100% sure? I need some help fella?s, could this be the computer not sending any power to the fuel pump cause i checked the gas presure valve and it wasn?t squirting out any gas. :?:

Reply to
C75

Shep

"C75" wrote: > [b:3793db7485]I have a 94 Pontiac Grand AM with a 3.1 > automatic. When i first bought the car from the owner, the car > started up and ran pretty good then i saw some spark coming > the wires to the coils figuring it might be an easy fix then > the car died, thinking it might the coil's i immediately > changed them figuring the car might fire rite back up but it > didnt..it didnt for a couple days and to make it short I've > changed the Fuel Pump, Fuel pump fuse & Relay, Coils, Cam > and Crank Sensor and still the car still wont start. It might > be the ignition module but i dont know where thats located but > knowing it started up the first time with spark im totally not > 100% sure? I need some help fella's, could this be the > computer not sending any power to the fuel pump cause i > checked the gas presure valve and it wasn't squirting out any > gas. :?: [/b:3793db7485]

It sounds like you have a bad ignition module but check for spark first before replacing it. BTW the ignition module is what the coils are mounted to. FYI if your car fails to start do some testing before you go buying parts to try and fix it. Always check for spark and fuel.

Reply to
Dubbin1

"Dubbin1" wrote: > It sounds like you have a bad ignition module but check for > spark first before replacing it. BTW the ignition module is > what the coils are mounted to. FYI if your car fails to start > do some testing before you go buying parts to try and fix it. > Always check for spark and fuel.

This is a stupid question but what does the ignition module look like?

Reply to
C75

when i have a car jumping spark it the coils i usually put a new set of plug wires and spark plugs. had a 97 sunfire here that had been to 2 chevy dealers that was jumping spark from the wires and they said the couldnt find anything wrong.i pulled the plugs and they were burnt off, the spark had to jump allmost 3/8 inch to fire.naturally its going to jump at the easiest place. lucas

ds549