[Saab_c900] C900 heater control valve replacement guide completed

Hi everyone,

I got extra-keen yesterday afternoon and decided to put the time into properly documenting the heater control valve replacement I've done over the last few days on my 1985 900i with plenty of pictures and explanation, etc.

I've just finished checking everything so if you want to have a look at "

" feel free to critique mywork and if you come across any spelling boo-boo's please let me know!It's almost 2 am so I should be sleepy (but I'm not - last coffee was at 8pm - hmm). 8-)

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

in article mailman.4.1117554381.564.saab snipped-for-privacy@lios.apana.org.au, Craig's Saab C900 Site at snipped-for-privacy@lios.apana.org.au wrote on 31/05/2005 16:46:

Hey, that's a great walkthrough. It's a job I have to do sometime. I've got the dash fascia to repair and I want to wire in some new gauges and pull a load of wires through for monitoring APC functions. I intend to drop the knee board anyway, so I'll let you know how much easier it is with clear access :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

That would be great Paul - thanks! BTW, there's been one follow-up so far to the posting about the new page on Saabscene. The poster suggested that the heater core can be dropped out with the valve still attached (after getting the hose pipes through the firewall) by removing four screws. I will need to have a better look to see today.

In one of the pictures I put online I think it shows a screw fixing (one of those little folded metal 'screw clip' things) on the heater core cover which doesn't have any screw in it. I wonder if that's one of the 'four screws' that John is talking about in his Saabscene thread followup?

With the engine oil also out of the car (see another posting in my forums and Saabscene about oil drain plugs!), I have time to contemplate other things. 8-) If I get to buy some synthetic oil today I'll take the old drain plug and compare it against a new 14 mm one at the auto parts store. Seems that most people think they're 13 mm, but someone said it should be 14 based on a web reference to a US auto parts supplier. Anyway, that's disgressing from the heater valve issue...

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site