SAAB INFO WEBSITE

If anyone needs a great website with all the info you could want about Saabs, check

It has the answers to most all questions plus a great bulletin board.

Reply to
James Onesios

Please be aware that many answers posted in those bulletin boards are incorrect and are never corrected. They are never corrected because the moderation policies on that site has made several posters, with the correct answers, stop posting.

Reply to
Goran Larsson

Scott's got you pimping for him, has he?

Reply to
Grunff

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to request that this be removed as it conflicts with omnipotent infalability of this newsgroup, and the poster be banned for all eternity, and if he appeals or complains the ban should be extended ;)

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

And really has the freedom of speach?

SuoTimo

James >

Reply to
SuoTimo

"James Onesios" skrev i en meddelelse news:vxjdd.724875$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

That site is a load of rubbish.......people getting banned for no reason what-so-ever.....Scott's an amateur!

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

Can we ban everyone in the same subnet as his newshost, just to be sure?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

"Dave Hinz" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

*LOL*

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Sleeker GT Phwoar at snipped-for-privacy@bouncing-czechs.com wrote on 20/10/2004 10:10:

Hey bud! How's the new weapon of mass destruction? I must confess to having looked at a Nissan Silvia recently - one of the older twin turbo models. It was an auto though, but would still have been fun. I looked at one about four years ago, but bought a SAAB instead ... Something about gold wheels not going down too well for a guy like me in a place like I live ...

Speaking of BBs - there are several others out there, going by names as diverse as 900 Aero, SAAB Central, SAAB Scene, UK SAABs, etc. I find if I want to know something quickly and want a correct answer (short of rining my excellent mechanics, of course), I know where to make my post. If I want to share that advice, I can go to BBs :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

The site is a crock of shit. Hard to navigate, useless. And you will get banned for no apparent reason.

Reply to
murphwiz

You realize this may be a fishing expedition so wazzizname can collect IP addresses proactively.

Dave "I'm just saying...and not caring..." Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

in article snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, Dave Hinz at snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote on 20/10/2004 19:41:

Cool ... Mine is 64.139.33.19 - ban that :) ;) I recognise a couple of names from *other* BBs who are refugees from SAABnet.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday

OK, show of hands, who else just did a lookup on that IP?

Dave "/raises hand" Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I doubt you will be able to get this removed from the archives. For the most part this message would disappear from most news servers within a week. As long as we continue to reply to this thread, the origional message will stay alive.

Freedom of speach is a great freedom that comes with the ultimate power to ignore the speaker. I would rather have the freedom of speach and have to deal with a few posts that irritate me, as opposed to being censored.

Freedom of speach means you must give your opponent the opportunity to express his views. If you're not willing to do that, the you need to keep quiet too.

My 2 cents worth.

NIP

"Drive a liberal crazy, work hard and be happy!"

Reply to
Nobody In Particular

It's a parody of the fact that the saabnet guy has a habit of bannination of people for no readily apparent reason. More than a couple of people here used to contribute a bunch over there, did something (or didn't do something) he didn't like, and he not only blocked their IP, but he removed all of their historical posts from the site. Further, he's not real good and/or careful at how to banninate by IP, because whole ISPs have been blocked in the past due to one person being on his shit-list.

Granted, he _does_ own the server and it's his choice to do so, but when I learned of that behavior I decided to spend my efforts and time here, where the whims of a dictatorial arbitrary decision-making process aren't going to erase what I have written. No point in spending effort on something that someone else might choose to erase for real or imagined offenses.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Nobody In Particular at snipped-for-privacy@out.there.com wrote on 20/10/2004 20:00:

Indeed! The pleasure of having freedom to speak inherently contains the responsibility not to deny others their right to speak back. The guy in question owns his website and chooses to allow other people onto it - if you go to someone's barbeque, he has a right to kick you out. This guy, however, also archives *my* words - he's running a public firework display and I find that quite distasteful that he kicks people out without reason or explanantion.

Other BBs ... Oh, and Usenet, have a solid sense of internationalism and are quite capable of moderating themselves by good behaviour and a public telling off when people step over the line. I have seen someone breech one T&C quite badly on one BB, but he apologised and the affected people accepted the apology. He was allowed to stay on the board (after several affected people were contacted) ... He wasn't outright banned, but a level headed, adult consensus was reached. He was a "moderator" too and should have known better, but drink and high spirits can get the better of us all some times!!!

On a wider note, I find it quite uplifting that people from all over the world with different languages, cultures, experiences and expectations can come together on a BB or Usenet and discuss matters of common interest. I'm ashamed that as singular nations we cannot seem to do that.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday

Well said and I now understand the "banned" comment.

I blame the media for causing a split in our country. They fuel the fire that burns brightly and when they are caught with their hands in the cookie jar, they first deny it, then apologize in a manner that smells worse than the original story.

When all you see is bad news, you need to suspect the bias of those reporting the news. I'm an optimist, I believe things will be better tomorrow than they were today. I refuse to swing my vote to a candidate who has a platform based on fear and what "might" happen.

This election is just plain nasty. You want to talk about disenfranchised, I hate turning on the TV because it's one side bad mouthing the other - they are both guilty! It's unfortunate that we have no real "choice" to base our vote on. It's either the status quo or vote for a change, which is not much better than the status quo! I want to vote FOR someone not AGAINST someone!

People who are basing their vote entirely along party lines, based on reports from the one sided media, or a hate filled statement by an actor, they are uninformed voters. Voters owe it to themselves to research the truth, never trust what you read in the newspaper or see on TV, verify it before you claim it's true.

I'll step off the soapbox now - sorry group, I needed to vent.

I'm still look>in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Nobody In Particular

Reply to
Nobody In Particular

Yay.

Er, What? It's a case of a guy being too heavy-handed in his editorial process, nothing more.

Um, OK, so does that mean you'll be on Saabnet or here, or both, or neither?

Yup. But Kerry lies too much like Clinton did, so I'm voting against him. Particularly since his lies on a topic I feel is important are so similar to Clinton's lies on the same topic.

Understood.

Which side of the car do you sit in while driving, please? I have a driver's door for a c900 in my barn in Wisconsin, good shape, that nice dark metallic blue. In our part of the world we sit on the left side while driving, if that helps.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Nobody In Particular at snipped-for-privacy@out.there.com wrote on 20/10/2004 21:25:

Someone will always make a living from misunderstanding and posing an extreme bias. I thought the UK's tabloid press what the "daddy" of that game!

Hmm ... vote? Okay, you're wasting your vote and have no right to speak about anything if you don't vote, but your vote can only be for one of two things ... The same as you've got, or like you had before but are now like those you've got now a few years ago! I'm a Brit, BTW :) I remember the Labour party (your Democrats) back in 1979 when we had no fuel, no refuse collection, no open schools ... But if we'd known what the Tories were going to do over the following 20 years, we would've thought twice. Now, our Labour party are just like the Tories were. Where's the choice? We now only seem to have extreme nationalism as our "choice" and I live in one of our BNP's heartlands!!! Google the BBC website for opinion on the BNP! Okay, so my house is still worth something, but it's a high social price to pay and I cannot see that as a good thing in the long term. I'll avoid any conversation about our Muslim friends, given the current climate of misunderstanding and fear. I do hope that one sorts itself out soon, perhaps devoid of the oil debate!

When we voted the Tories out (after 20 years - they're like your Republicans, in a way) and the Labour party in, we were voting for something. Wales and Scotland had *no* Tory wards, which shows the extent of the desire for a change. We (as the UK) sent a very positive message to the Tories that we had had enough. Unfortunately, they have not become anything like as solid an opposition that our current ruling party are. I cannot see the Liberals (I'm not sure what they're like your side of the "pond") as any kind of answer, but perhaps a three way split here might be better than the old two way choice we had before?

Yes, research the truth, but you've still no choice!!! Take heart, neither do we! I would encourage you to think for yourself and perhaps point you at one of your better countrymen; Noam Chomsky. I like that guy - he's an adept thinker and one who can teach you to think more about yourself and your circumstances, making your immediate "place" a better place. I would be inclined to boycott voting, but then I have no voice. It's quite a conundrum, isn't it?

No need to apologise - we're all intelligent people here. We do drive SAABs, afterall :)

Ah! Back to SAABs - me too, except for the door, but my driver's side is not the same side as yours ... Swap ya?

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

I've been banned numerous times already.. I do it for fun now.

Reply to
murphwiz