"Saab vs. Segway"

All,

While travelling uptown in Washington, D.C. I spotted the following individual from New Jersey getting a ticket from a Police Officer on a Segway. I had to snap some photos!!

Enjoy!!

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

from New Jersey getting a ticket from a Police Officer on a Segway. I had to snap some photos!!

Was the ticket for parking so close to a pedestrian crossing ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

from New Jersey getting a ticket from a Police Officer on a Segway. I had to snap some photos!!

Sheesh - those Segway things are real? I read something in an Australian electronics mag about them some years ago but I've never seen one here in Australia. I didn't think they actually existed but just the other day there was a movie on one of the Foxtel channels in which one of the characters was riding around on a Segway. Very wierd but the concept sounds brilliant.

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

Graham,

There was a sign there not to park, I think that was it too.

Did you like my graphic design work, etc?

SG

individual from New Jersey getting a ticket from a Police Officer on a Segway. I had to snap some photos!!

Reply to
Saab Guy

Saab Guy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com:

I lived a couple of blocks from there for several years. There are no legal parking places in DC, just some that are a little less illegal than others.

Reply to
Laura K

Laura K,

Really? That's interesting! Where are you now?

Ever heard of Dupont Circle?

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

I thought almost everyone had heard of Dupont Circle !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Saab Guy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com:

I'm now in Knoxville, TN. I Lived in DC for about 25 years, in Foggy Bottom, Georgetown, Mt. Pleasant and then bought a house in PG county. Only had a car the last few years.

Reply to
Laura K

Over here ( UK ) we have sort of chevron markings 30 ft ? either side of the crossing to make it obvious where you shouldn't park.

What font is that ? It looked quite convincing.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Those living in the US maybe - I've never heard of it. 8-)

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

I've just heard it mentioned in films.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Interesting. I am often near 17th NW and eye or K and frquently get on street parking.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm William Mason

crossing to make it obvious where you shouldn't park.

Graham,

Gil Sans, what else? That's the current Saab font.

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

Malcolm,

So you must be part of the D.C. Saab club WASSAAB? You know that that exists right?

I made it to the Saab Owners Gathering in Vermont from D.C., did you make it up there too?

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

Graham,

What films??

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

individual from New Jersey getting a ticket from a Police Officer on a Segway. I had to snap some photos!!

*snicker* for some reason whenever I see someone on a segway the thought that pops into my mind is "what a tool" I can't help it, they just look so retarded.
Reply to
James Sweet

Well I've lived in the US my whole life and I've never heard of it either.

Reply to
James Sweet

Thanks. Didn't know that.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I can't place it exactly. Think action suspense thriller involving the White House.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

there too?

No. when in that part of DC I am either on business or at my clun at 17 and Eye for lunch or whatever.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm William Mason