Saap 9000 HRW & HM

Heated rear window and door mirrors stopped working at the same time. They are on different fuses and they are OK. Is that a relay?

Reply to
johannes

It is. I still haven't sorted out mine.

Does the light on the switch just illuminate brighter when you press it but dims again when released ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Light on switch gets brighter. No heater symbol appears on display panel.

Reply to
johannes

Fixed hehe! I extracted and re-seated all fuses one by one; it's a good idea to do this, as it improves the contact after years of oxidation. By doing that, I discovered that fuse No 9 (30A) had blown. It says "Sunroof" on the text, so it was not the obvious place to look. My car doesn't have sunroof, but seems that the heaters were on that circuit.

Reply to
johannes

I think I've done that already.

I'll check that. Thanks for the tip.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

The missus has a Skoda Fabia. This time last year, her wipers stopped working on an icy day. Wiper fuse was OK, and we couldn't get to the motor to check if it had burnt out.

Checking round, it appears that the washers had a seperate fuse, but the washer jets were linked to the wiper functions.

The main wiper 15amp fuse was fine, but the icey weather had obviously thickened the washer mix and strained the pump as the 5amp fuse had blown, taking out the wipers too.

It appears that it is quite a well known issue and even the receptionists at Skoda dealerships know to get in to the interior fuse box and change the 5amp fuse before calling the workshop guys if that doesn't fix it.

Weird combinations abound on modern complicated motors.

Reply to
Elder