Some good news about Saab...

Just today a danish economy-newspaper has an article about Saab in Trollhättan. It says that the Swedish Government has decided to invest 10 Billion SEK in Saab. Meaning the surroundings, for better transportation to and from the factory as well as investments in better engine-development.

All to try to prevent GM from moving the production of Saab to Germany.

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

It's about time the Government got moving. Hopefully it's not too late!

Reply to
WitchDr

A small note of clarification:

The swedish government will not invest in the SAAB Automobil company.

It will make heavy investment in the infra structure in the Trollhättan - Uddevalla - Gothenburg area.

For instance will the road between Trollhättan and Gothenburg (70 km) be four lanes all the way and the railway between these cities will be double tracked.

/Bengt (Gustavsberg,Sweden)

Reply to
Bengt Österdahl

Errrr..... state subsidies to private companies are illegal under EU rules IIRC.

BBC world news Monday night siad that Russelheim would make the next Vectra and Vectra platform based 9-3.

Trollhattan to make other Opels and maybe a *Cadillac* based luxury vehicle !!!!! Yuk !!!! A Yank 9-5 ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

But the road between Uddevalla and G'burg already is 4 lanes (the E6), only a 30 km 4 lane stretch between Trollhättan and Uddevalla would be needed (road #44) ?

-- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '87 900T8

MH

in article cmbafj$8i6$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.zwoll.ov.home.nl, MH at snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.no wrote on 03/11/2004 18:42:

There's always the Göta canal :)

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday

Well, in that case, for your continued safety please remember:

Switch on the traction control (if installed - otherwise, don't bother) Keep you tires well inflated (helium recommended) and keep an eye on treadwear Expect longer-than usual stopping distance Double-check the door sealings Consider wearing suitable underwater clothing (consult the nearest scuba shop for advice)

When approaching canal locks, hit the horn briefly, then slightly longer (morse signal 'N') (or is that for bridges?)

(insert standard US counter-stupidity disclaimer here)

Let's all hope for the continuance of a real, Swedish produced SAAB!

/Per

Reply to
Per Laursen

in article 41895326$0$198$ snipped-for-privacy@dread11.news.tele.dk, Per Laursen at snipped-for-privacy@maNOSPAMil.dk wrote on 03/11/2004 21:52:

Here, here! We've been here before with the NG900. Love it, or hate it ... Whatever. Now GM are impressing design & engineering (again) onto SAAB and have now threatened closing "SAAB" for good. Well, to say it again, we've been here before!

I'm glad I drive an old/classic/vintage? SAAB :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Most part of the road between Trollhättan and Gothenburg (road nr 45) is still 2 lanes. That road is the most important for SAAB and Ttrollhättan.

You don't use the route via Uddevalla when you travel from Trollhättan to Gothenburg. It's at least 50 % longer.

/Bengt

Reply to
Bengt Österdahl

FYI: a short and a long in morse code is A. N is the opposite.

/Bengt

Reply to
Bengt Österdahl

Arrgh - should have remembered that, but I don't regularly come across (or under) bridges when sailing (supernova trimaran, not SAAB). Anyway - should have known better than being so inaccurate in print. Busy week.

Reply to
Per Laursen

I certainly hope Real SAAB continues. I appreciate the Nordic design philosophy. Do we really want a world of one personality?

Dan

Reply to
Dan

I love this name for a city.