Splash Shield - 2000 9-3

At the dealer today. They informed me that the splash shields were damaged/broken. Said they were to protect the engine from spray. I have never heard of this item on previous cars. Should they be replaced? Where would I get them? Just looked at eEuroparts and could not find them.

Reply to
WhyAsk

Volvo has the splash shields. Some people have removed them claiming the get better engine cooling without them. I am not sure if the 9-3 Saabs would suffer the same problems as the Volvos in the rain without the splash shields. The problem is the sudden loss of power steering after driving through a puddle. If you splash water on your power steering pump fan belt it will slip and you will lose power steering. The C900s has the fan belts at the back of the engine compartment and would not be susceptible to this issue. The Volvos that had this problem had the fan belts at the front of the engine compartment.

Reply to
ma_twain