stalling

Driving home today & my 9-5 unexpectedly stalled at a junction & i couldn't get it going at all. after a few minutes of repeatedly trying to start the car, it did fire up, but i had to keep the revs up. the check engine light came on & stayed on for the rest of my journey home.

the funny thing is, i've started it numerous times this evening without the check engine lamp coming on but it struggles a bit at idle. it isn't overheating, running out of fuel, drawing air into the fuel line, not affected by the air con, the fuel pump is working ok & the problem is intermittent. my only guess left is the fuel filter, but i can't find it to have a look. any ideas where it is or what else the problem could be??

tia

kds.

Reply to
kingdoodlesquat

DI Cassette.

Reply to
Bob

I don't think it is a good idea to use the car for other than driving it to a garage. If it is the head gasket, it could make matters worse. It could also be the DI or a loose sensor wire/plug.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Had the same problem with my 92 900s it was the fuel pump.It would run a while then cut out then start up and do same.

hope it helps ya gene

Reply to
PapaGene

cheers guys

kds

"Johannes H Andersen" > get it going at all. after a few minutes of repeatedly trying to start the

Reply to
kingdoodlesquat