... The Lexus of Subaru's" ... ?!?

"Dave Hinz" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

Now you lost me. I was just thinking of the V6's in ng900, 9000 and 9-5.

Kristian

Reply to
Kristian Steve Jensen

Dave 'the monster' Hinz is refering to the transverse in-line 6. Go to Trollhättan and watch... or read

-------- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '87 900T8

Reply to
MH

The Triump engine never made it into the 900. The Saab 2.0 inline four was not a polished Triumph engine, it was a new design. It does however share the shape (V8 with one cylinder bank missing) but that is because it had to ride on top of the fear box and fit in the 99 engine bay.

Reply to
Goran Larsson

OK, I thought the 900 engine was an 'evolution' of the 99 and Triumph engines. (My evolution sort of stopped with the 96 in 1980...)

-------- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '87 900T8

Reply to
MH

History. There is a serious lack of historic knowledge amongst some visitors of this news group.

The Saab Monster was made by Saab in 1959 and had a transversely mounted "inline 1.5L six cylinder" two stroke engine. Much more interesting than boring V6 engines.

Reply to
Goran Larsson

I can recommend

Since my 9k was my first Saab, my knowledge of cars is somewhat scattered over the whole field. In the past, I've owned: Renault*1, Ford*1, Fiat*4. Fiat? Yes, Fiats in the 70-80'ies were quite advanced in their days by using twin cam engines in common garden cars. My worst car was the Ford Fiesta Ghia model with a puny 1100 cc and 4 gears & 12" alloys!!! Plus point was that it felt like going really fast at its top speed of 88 mph. After some driving around on sundays in this car, I felt really sick and tired with headache, so I decided on something larger and more comfy.

I can also recommend

Johannes H Andersen

It's a real vent. It sucks in air over the top mounted intercooler on the WRX/Impreza turbos.

Popular modification (in the UK at least, and I imagine the rest of the world) is a decent full sized FMIC, but they can look a little bit obvious and ricey. Rice isn't thathard to achieve in a jap car, even one as good as an Impreza, to drive.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I know there can be some transmission weaknesses, but I wouldn't describe them as that bad, or is this the component that makes all hell break loose above 3k in my T16S?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

That must be my funniest "spelling error" for a long time. I intended to write "gear box", not make a statement about the gear box quality.

Reply to
Goran Larsson