Gresham

Oh dear, different sized front calipers.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

**GINGE**
Reply to
Nige

Que?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It's one of those obscure ways of saying "you've posted the link too late, I have posted it elsewhere dear sir, please keep up at the back", but bikers like to say "ginge" instead. Gawd knows why.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

ooops, wrong group!

Reply to
Nige

Ah, but the evidence indicates I was first:

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Cnut ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx mobile

thing is your post appeared after mine!

Reply to
Nige

On or around Mon, 8 Dec 2008 17:17:15 +0000, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

I've an idea it alludes to a character who used to (maybe still does) tend to do this in UKRM.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Aye, thats ginge for you!

I met him & he is a really funny chap, but ginger.

Reply to
Nige

Not everywhere it did, Usenet news is funny that way. With a copy-and-forward system like it there is no "correct" order of articles, you have to look at the posting dates.

Reply to
Otto J. Makela

Only bikers from very specific NG ;) Its one of their very own memes..........

It'#s very probable that this very post will qualify for the application of said meme..:)

Reply to
mark

Not much detail yet;

"Lincoln Crown Court heard Mr Gresham, who denied the charges, had been driving too fast and the vehicle was not roadworthy."

No info on what "not roadworthy" means in this case, which is a shame, as that could have implications for anyone doing their own vehicle repairs or modifying their trucks for off-roading.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Oh hold on;

"The defendant mounted a grass verge to avoid a collision.

And when he tried to return to the road a corroded bracket - or hanger

- snapped, sending the car out of control, the jury heard.

During closing statements Mr Latham said: "The defective hanger was not just a cause of this accident, it was the only cause of this accident."

In February last year the Land Rover was passed an MOT test as safe to drive despite the defective bracket, which would have been in a similar state at the time, the court heard.

Mr Latham said his client, who had fitted the bracket as a series of modifications, said after the crash he had been aware of the corrosion."

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Just been on our local news, he's been found guilty. They went through the full catalogue of problems with the vehicle, including showing footage of the handling test carried out, which was very interesting......

"Two weeks before the crash, Gresham was forced to stop while driving the vehicle on an off-road course in Manby, Lincolnshire, because part of its under-carriage broke, the court heard. "

"For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with no floor - its being fixed at last! 200 TDi Disco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

I didn't see the footage, but it's always hard to tell if that kind of thing is being shown for any real purpose given that the verdict seems to have been that he was driving too quickly and when he swerved off the road, his rear suspension broke and flipped the truck. Does stuff about his truck breaking on an off-road course and footage of a handling test actually have anything to do with what happens, or is it just entertainment?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Whilst the whole sorry episode is very sad and tragic, I am not qualified to comment on the state of his vehicle and/or condition of it, the thing that has got me worried is the possible knee jurk reaction by the muppets in power.

How is this going to be turned into another anti 4X4 crusade to get us all off the roads?

What is going to be banned next?

How much is it going to cost ME?

Reply to
Rory

I doubt anything will happen unless there's a big song and dance about it in the tabloids, and one that goes on for some time, it seems fairly straightforward, if all is as it seems, but the video police statement worries me as it's so sensationalised that I'm not entirely comfortable that the case hasn't been pumped up.

The case was front-page news in the Mirror I think, but other than that I've not seen any tabloids or other newspapers so don't know how it's being covered.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Single column in the Telegraph. Is it subjudice at the moment, after verdict but before sentencing ?

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

On or around Tue, 23 Dec 2008 10:52:24 +0000, steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

I doubt it, the beeb news site had the news that he'd been convicted.

Reply to
Austin Shackles