This is driving me potty! (9000CSE Cruise)

I have successfully retro-fitted a second hand SAAB cruise control system to my good lady wife's 1998 9000 Anniversary.

It's a RHD UK spec car and all is working perfectly....except I cannot see how to get a pedal switch on to the clutch. The bracket SAAB supplied does not seem to fit, and the steering column is ridiculously close. However, the kit came with two pedal switches and the EPC (ahem...) shows a different configuration to mine.

Whilst there is a connector at the drivers footwell for the pedal switches, I was wondering if this was just for an auto box, and for manual I should be working in the passenger or RH footwell. Bearing in mind all the pedal controls seem to go over that way before they enter the engine compartment.

I have some photo's, please go here

I have turned myself upside down and every which way but loose to see if I can find an obvious place, now I'm relying on you guys to point me in the right direction please before my back gives out permanently.

I cannot imagine it is acceptable to run a cruise control with only a brake pedal switch. Technically it works, but I am sure I'm missing something.

Many thanks

Al

Reply to
Al