New GT pictures added

Had some snow, so I had to get some pics of the yellow GT with some white in the background.

Don't look at the fishing pics!

John H

John H

I finally figured out what's been bugging me about the back end of these cars. See how the black sections in front break up all the body color nicely? The back needs some of that, between the lights and maybe something down below.

Not trying to be anti-patriotic, but that ribbon sticker *will* leave a ghost image in your paint when you remove it down the road. I still don't understand why people don't just stick them on the glass.

Did you catch a Barracuda? Marlin? Stingray?

Reply to
CobraJet

CobraJet wrote in news:080320051900354940% snipped-for-privacy@streetracer.sfv:

Agreed. But I have to admit, it looks pretty good in yellow.

They're magnetic.

Joe

What did they do with cruise control? I really like having that on my wheel.

Reply to
Scotter

"CobraJet" wrote

Umm...cause magnets don't stick to glass? :P

Reply to
66 6F HCS

And you'd think that would have been obvious.

Reply to
Wound Up

Yeah, yellow's a happenin' thing. Very similar to the 1970 D-code Competition Yellow which my Torino GT is supposed to be.

Good reason. No wonder I get a headache in the Walmart parking lot, what with the plate in my head. Still leaves a ghost, though. At least you can move them around.

You see AMT's Corvair re-issue?

Reply to
CobraJet

From looking at your last pic of the hood. That thing could really use a 1 or 2 inch cowl. even if just for looks.

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

Well, think about it. I've never seen them for sale (not that I look for stuff like that). I've never gone up and picked at someone's ribbon with my fingernail. I don't pay attention to sticker tech in the new millenium. Shit.

Oh well, I guess this cancels out the 5 or 6 thousand cars I've worked on in my life.

Reply to
CobraJet

Not at all. #57's comment was just funny.

Reply to
Wound Up

Thanks for the ghost image tip. The sticker is gone!

Most of the fish are rockfish from the Chesapeake Bay. Also called Striped Bass, or 'stripers'. John H

John H

NO! It's just right without a cowl.

John H

John H

They're still on the wheel. You have to look close.

John H

John H

Ah's juss bean sarcootical.

Reply to
CobraJet

See now, back in the day this would have been funny, as the above fish I mentioned were all other American cars that a Mustang owner might have gone trolling on asphalt for. Oh, how people have forgotten! Excuse me while I go wail and gnash my teeth.

"If I think binarily, does that mean I like male and female computers equally?"

Reply to
CobraJet

Who made a 'Marlin'?

The 'cuda and 'ray, OK. But damn if I can recall a Marlin. 'Course, I'm getting pretty old. That may have something to do with my memory.

Reply to
John H

AMC, from 65 to 67.

CobraJet