Turbo Gauge

Hi;

Test driving a 9-5 2.3t estate, I noticed on accelerating that the turbo gauge moved swiftly throughout the entire range from the white -> yellow -> red zones. Is this normal? It's 2001 model, and has done 100,000 miles, it's got a full service history.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Reply to
vox

Sounds pretty normal to me. If you floor the throttle pedal, the control system will try to give you full boost (slightly into the red) as soon as possible and then hold it there until you back off. You should be able to move the needle up and down the scale at will by adjusting the throttle position.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

It shouldn't go into the red much, if it does, there is a problem.

Reply to
WitchDr

Or the car is seriously tuned.

Reply to