2.1 L head for classic 900

I've asked this question before, but here it is again:

Would installing a the head from a classic 1993 2.1L 900t on my 2.0L 86 900t screw up the APC? Is there any other systems that would need to be tweeked? I have access to the whole head, intake mainfold, 3.0 bar FPR and fuel rail from said 93 900t.

Any thoughts?

By the way for the UK guys- yes Saab did have a 2.1 L engine on the classic

900. It was availible on the 900 in the US (and Canada) from 91 or 92 until the classic 900 convertable was discontinued in 94.

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Brown

Yes, but there wasn't a 2.1L Turbo AFAIA?

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

in article E%ysg.358127$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net, Jeremy Brown at snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote on 10/07/2006 21:45:

There's a chap over here done precisely that ... and claiming somewhere in the mid-200s for on an 8V. It's a white car, Aero bodykit, Carlsson exhaust and black vent covers with '900T' in the numberplate, but I can't for the life in me remember his name ... Or which forum he posts on. Anyone know? He's most likely on UKSAABs, but might well also post on SAAB Central.

If I find the post, I'll link it here.

APC won't have an issue, per se, but off the top of my head (no pun intended), I think compression will be an issue. Definitely take the intake manifold ... It's a little wider internally than the 2.0 one.

Aus' got it, too. They made a very nice Aero-styled special edition in 1993.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

the 2.1 will fit, no problem. common upgrade for as 2.0t. same head as a

2.3t -93 and flows better than a 2.0 fwih. grab the intake as well for the larger intake plumbing. apc could care less. only issue may be the water line for the turbo may not be there.

keithg

Jeremy Brown wrote:

Reply to
KeithG