V4 pistons

I need a set of oversize pistons for my 1500 engine. Are there any clever solutions out there apart from buying standard Ford oversize ones?

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

Richard Sutherland-Smith ( snipped-for-privacy@clear.net.nz) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Dunno if they're any use to you, but I've got a set of brand new pistons for a 2.0 Corsair v4...

Gawd knows what postage from the UK to NZ'd be, though...

Reply to
Adrian

0,5 mm, or 0,75 mm or 1,0 mm oversize. 109 euros each (Ford Pinto ones are cheaper);
MH

Tell me about the Pinto ones please?

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

From snipped-for-privacy@groups.msn.com 15/01/2005;

From snipped-for-privacy@VSAAB.com 10 Dec 2004 > 1971-74 Pinto 2.0l pistons, TRW L1252F, fit. Piston diameter is .030" over

Jack Ashcraft says: > We use 272 cubic inch V8 Ford pistons

Reply to
MH

for a '99 Saab. What is it really?

I have a leak in the system. I pulled out the back seat tonight and pulled the side panels off but the pump is dry so I can't see what is leaking. I left puddles everywhere I went for a couple of days and had not used the top so I am guessing and hoping that I just have a line problem but I don't want to fill it with $38 a bottle liquid gold only to have it run out on the ground.

So what is this mystery liquid that costs so much? What is a good cheap substitute that can be used for testing purposes?

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.