Who Drives a Saab?

Many BMW owners doubtless buy them for what they take to be quality engineering, but the ones I was talking about go for what they no doubt see as some kind of "assertive, dynamic go-getter" image. From the viewpoint of most non-BMW owners, that same image becomes one of "pushy tosser".

I didn't think Saab had any particular image. People that encounter me on the road in my 9-3 obviously get the impression that they tend to be driven by super-stud driving-god types.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

And it *really does* work out that way.

I have no problem being courteous to other drivers anyway such as making space for ppl to pull out and waiting for them to clear an obstacle rather than pushing them closer to it but somehow, in a Saab it feels part of the whole driving experience.

It pays off too. Other drivers tend to be courteous back to Saab drivers too. Heavens, I even had a bus let me out of a sidestreet last week.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Is that what people think of me when I am in my Saab?! Thank you Colin, you have made my day.

Reply to
John Hudson

You bet! I'll assume you must be a BMW driver too... so my earlier point is proved. People who drive a BMW *and* a Saab are a different sort than the people who will only drive a BMW. The BMW drivers we are discussing here would never buy a Saab. It just doesn't push their nose high enough.

Reply to
Bob

is just as bad!

Reply to