Latest threads in SAAB Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

brake problem 88 900s
We bled all four discs diagonally. we rebuilt the master cylinder, then we bench bled it before we installed it back into the car. we cleaned all the calipers after we installed all new rotors and...
4
4

9-3 Audio Upgrade Speaker Replacement- Full Range?
I have a 2002 9-3 that came with the 40 Watt amp upgrade and two Low to Mid range speakers. The speakers are pretty bad and I wanted to upgrade them to full range speakers ( A pair of 3 way alpine )....

Re: Calling all "What's that thingy?" experts ...
Damn. Hey Paul, ...er, nevermind. I'll behave. Open/closes the flappers for the dash ventilation ducts, I would guess? My c900 manuals are on loan so I can't check for sure. Does it look like the...
9
9

Garage
Hi there, Anyone recommend a good service garage for Saabs, preferably in East London/Essex UK? Thanks, Delta.

Fuel Over-Pressure Switch Questions
Hi guys and gals, How exactly does the fuel over-pressure switch fit together? Which bit it is? Follow me through here ... I was doing some basic boost tests this morning and "borrowed" the vac line...
7
7

Re: Strange question but I have to ask
I am not a mechanic, but does it ever seem like you are assuming this is a complicated (read: expensive!) problem. Since the ethanol seemed to clear up the problem temporarily, the first thing I would...

Re: 1999 Saab 9-3 Radio Antenna broken
A replacement mast is $11-$13. If you can operate a pair of pliers, it's a simple 5-minute DIY job. From the 9-3 FAQ: How do I replace my broken Antenna Mast? Antenna Mast failures generally occur...
3
3

Re: Speeding Tales/Help -UPDATE!
Congratulations. I'll avoid a long post... but the number of times I have personal knowledge of the cops/DA just making up the evidence, or ignoring obvious defects in the evidence, is incredible....

Re: Why aren't gas prices dropping?
Because your president was and is screwing you. =20 ------------------------------------------- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 Flock, the best team communication app and online collaboration platform,...
9
9

Re: Hello everyone.
As an interesting and ironic side note to the story, I had the codes reset and the alternator tested by a trusted mechanic. When I went to pick the car up the next morning, the battery was dead AGAIN!...
2
2

Gauge replacement.
I am replacing the black stock faceplates gauge cluster with white faces on my 86 900T. I have pulled the instrument cluster an have taken out the physical gauges them selves. I just can't get the...

Cracked Oil Pan, 2000 9-3
My daughter's 9-3 had a slightly cracked oil pan that's been replaced. It's now a garage trophy at my house. Has anyone had one of these fixed? Is the pan made of something other than aluminum? Any...
5
5

Re: SID
Thanks. I admit I was in a state of acute disbelief that Saab were allowing such a gross and widely-known defect to persist -- especially as owners GM are such notorious tightwads and cannot have been...

C900-High Temp Gauge Readings
Ny replacement 86 900 Turbo seems determined to give me heart failure. Since I bought it a coule of weeks ago the it seems to have been running very hot-the test drive was at night and gave no...
1
1

Installing a CD Changer in a '00 9-5 Aero
Does anyone have any experience in installing a CD changer in the '00 9-5 Aero? I have what looks like a similar CD changer from my '95 Volvo 960. Is it compatible? Thanks
1
1