'02 Saturn SC1 Brake Lights

How are the brake lights activated? The high level stop works but the brake/rear tail lights are not operating. Had them flash once while I was testing to see if anything was working. I know it is possible that both lights are burned out but filament looks good.

Reply to
why, me

I believe that the brake light switch is mounted right in front of the brake pedal itself under the dash.

Did you check the fuse? Carry much inside the trunk that could have bumped up against the wiring? Did you check all the connections and wiring inside the trunk to make sure they're still connected properly?

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane

FWIW, years ago I had the brake lights stop working in my Dodge Dart. After checking fuses, switches, and connectors it finally dawned on my that the problem could be as pedestrian as two burnt out light bulbs.

It was.

Reply to
David Teichholtz