'03 Ion Ride

Seems to have gone south as far as smooth ride,can the tires have that much influence?,it's approaching the 30K mark.I'll never figure how I made it thru the winter with those tires,they can't be all seasons.

Reply to
teem

search this group for some of the many posts asking about tire recomendations. Firestones arent all that great, there are better, search and you will find.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

I Guess the cords or layers on material could be separating. I don't really go for Firestones myself; thats just the stuff the manufacturer got a deal on to put on the car when it rolls off assembly.

Personally, I prefer Falken, Bridgestone or Hoosier tires depending on the application(performance-wise.) For good, long wearing, reliable, reasonably priced tires for your regular vehicle....a set of Coopers are a safe, economical decision. Cooper does have performance line as well.

Figure out exactly what you want from the tires first. Prioritize performance, useage, wear, price, etc. Then go to a web search for tire reviews and comparisons, and match up your needs to what they present to you. I wouldn't bother asking the tire guys and the tire places, because they are just going to sell you what they got based on the same info.

Reply to
hoosier_drifter

Reply to
Rich Soucie

You would be correct, and most of the tires are clones. But, they do have some good racing tires in the Bridgestone brand (not really street tires at all.) I really like the gokart tires they have, but that's a whole different ballgame.

Reply to
hoosier_drifter

Reply to
teem