04 Vue front end noise

Hi all, I recently bought a 2004 V6 FWD Vue. In my opinion, it was a hard deal to pass up. 24k, power/heated seats, moonroof, 6 speaker CD, like new condition. $14,875. I added a bumper to bumper 100k warranty for a total of $15,995.

So far I have driven it about 400 miles and just love it. The Honda V6 was the big selling point for me. I am averaging just under 25 mpg which I consider to be excellent for this type of vehicle. Now my question. I have a rather loud squeaking noise coming from the front end. It sounds like rubber rubbing together and only happens on road imperfections during slow speeds (like going over speed bumps for example). Its still under the factory warranty so it will be going to the dealer next week. I am just curious as to what it could be.

Reply to
Wes

You may want to have the wheel bearings checked. I have a 2004 VUE V6 AWD with 70K and just had both front wheel bearings replaced (under warranty) due to excessive noise. Have your alignment checked as well, just had to replace some parts at my expense, appears the previous owner bent the front right suspension, which then wouldn't align properly. I like my truck, especially the Honda engine, and just had most of the front end done......hope this helps, get it done while under warranty.

Reply to
Paula Beatty

Reply to
Wes

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 22:58:25 GMT, someone posing as Wes took a five minute break from flipping burgers to boot up the etch-a-sketch and scribbled:

Enjoy it. I just drove my wife's '05 into work today again. Nice car. If only it weren't so cramped up front.

Reply to
Perfect Reign

Still beats the space in my Vibe. I am sure not complaining about 25 mpg on regular. My Vibe got me 31 but that was on Super.

Reply to
Wes