1996 Saturn SC-2 problem

I just bought a 96 saturn sc2. We have replaced the engine, all the hoses, fuel filter, air filter, etc. but it keeps dieing on me when i stop at stop lights or back up and go forward. it stalls four times before i can get out of my parking space. it does fine on the highway but in town it stalls all the time, but we cant figure out what is causing this problem. Does anyone else have any ideas.

Reply to
sagewillow

Clean the throttle body with TB cleaner. Make sure the throttle body where it contacts the butterfly choke plate is completely clean.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

that was one of the things we did when we had everything apart. I noticed yesterday while driving the car to class that as long as i dont apply the brakes all the way the car does not stall as much but if i come to a complete stop at a stop light or coming off the highway at a stop light or as i pull into my parking space the car instantly stalls.

Reply to
sagewillow

Clean your EGR valve.

Reply to
blah blah

Maybe a lock up torque converter not disengaging...??? Any comments....???

Reply to
Jimbo Jones

hi. i have a 93 saturn sc. i had a simalar problem it was the egr valve and oxygen sensor.

Reply to
had2be

I had a similar problem with a 93 pontiac.. would just happen when I wouldapply the brakes.. thought it might be a short or something with the brake... turned out to be BAD contact on the positive battery cable.. took it off and wire brushed it and everything was fine since..

Reply to
p_vouers