1997 sw2 front passanger seat belt

I have a 1997 SW2. The front passenger seat belt broke. The lap part works ok, but the shoulder part, is now pulled all the way out and won't retract. I took it to the dealer and they said the seat belt must be replaced. This is a Saturn only part that must be ordered from HQ. The cost of the part alone is $267.00, this job, parts and labor together, would be over $360.00.

I found a place in Virginia where I could get a used belt for $60.00. Being I am not mechanically inclined, can I replace this passenger front seat belt or should this be left to the dealer?

Reply to
Don Pliska

I don't know how hard it is to change but I'd reccomend against a used belt for safety reasons. Any belt that's been through an accident has been damaged and shouldn't be used. If it came from a car that died of old age then the belt is fairly old and they don't last forever.

Mitch

Reply to
Mitch