1999 Saturn SL2 Check Engine Light/EGR Valve Problem

I have had my car scanned with an OB2 scanner and it comes up with codes P0404 and P1414 or PI414 they show up as a problem with the EGR Valve. I tried taking off and cleaning out carbon,but right after clearing codes and driving short distance get same codes back again.Should i replace the egr valve or look for something else first?

Reply to
Boilerman