SC2 rear windshield seal

I have installed XM radio in my '02 SC2. I mounted the tiny magnetic antenna on the back of the roof in the center, the wire which is less than a 1/8 " is running out from under that seal on the top of the back windshield.

I am concerned that I might get water in there and that someting inside behind that seal or around the windshiels (like clips, or the body) will rust eventually.

Some tell me dont worry, the seal is superficial, some say I should fill the small area where that XM wire raises the seal to prevent internal rust, who should I believe?

Please help, I am very concerned and in rainy season here in FL. Do I need to worry about plugging up that gap or do I leave it alone? Thanx.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

No dont worry, your Saturn will have a catastrophic motor failure like a cracked block, piston seizure or timing chain breakage at speed, long before you need to worry about anything rusting...

Next time....buy an AMERICAN car... LOL

Reply to
news

er, shouldn't you be posting your thoughts at alt.uninformed.trolls ? Saturn is made and built in America. Thanx fer playing anyway, go troll somewhere else please.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

It's called cynicism, but apparently the concept is a reach for some. My apologies. Trust me- if I wanted to troll these apparently rich waters I'de use a three mile long purse seine instead of a fly rod, and go way over federal quotas...

Some Toyota's are more "American-made" than some Saturns. That is, unless you equate "assembled in... (pick a state) with real manufacturing?

No, I'm not a Toyota fan.

Reply to
news