2001 Saturn L300 Fuel Pump Removal

I need to replace the fuel pump, I removed the back seat but there is no access.

Any tips on removing the tank, and or any fuel pump tips would be appreciated.

Reply to
Joe's Newsgroup

Are you sure that the fuel pump is gone? have you verified the electrical connections? iirc there is a dangle connector for fuel pump, vacuum sensor and fuel gauge on forward side toward driver's side. Fuel lines are all on the passenger side.

Luckily, I didn't have to drop the tank (that is the only way to access the pump and gauges. I had a vent solenoid issue and was searching all over for it. That turned out to be along side the fuel fill neck. Biggest killer of fuel pumps is a plugged fuel filter causing excessive back pressure and pump current. Second killer is letting the tank run dry. Pump motor is cooled by fuel passing through it...

The Saturn factory service manual is not the best organized but IS the best $135 you will ever spend.

Oppie