2004 Vue coolant problem solved

As per the suggestion, I popped the hood this morning, took one look at the coolant tank and discovered the problem...at the last oil change, they'd forgotten to put the cap back on the coolant tank. Fortunately it was still sitting on the engine block where they'd left it. Next oil change I'll get reimbursed or a credit for the coolant I bought. I knw it shouldn't have been low, but the advice to routinely check things out is very much appreciated. Margaret FPC Victor Collins Keeper of the Chick Magnet Magic

Reply to
REDMAYNARD

Which coolant did you buy? And did the dealer perform the service?

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Prestone Dex-Cool

I put the coolant in myself, I didn't have time to go in before work. Margaret FPC Victor Collins Keeper of the Chick Magnet Magic

Reply to
REDMAYNARD

Well you got to be happy with simple fixes like that. The lube guys are in a rush much of the time so misses do happen. How low was your bottle and did you mix that with some distilled water? (50/50)

Reply to
Blah blah

Very good - I have an older S Series and there was a bit of a learning curve for me regarding the orange (Dex-cool) or green stuff and the kid at the parts store said something about that's how the dealer tells you've worked on the car by using the wrong stuff. I must of had my 'Dumb Old Fart' had on that day...

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Pretty low

No, should I have? Margaret FPC Victor Collins Keeper of the Chick Magnet Magic

Reply to
REDMAYNARD

Just to be sure... The bottle is only filled half way, not to the cap.

Yes unless it was premix. How much of the gallon of coolant did you use? less than half? Then dont worry about it.

Reply to
Blah blah

It was less then half. Whew! I was just so mad at the whole mess that I didn't bother to read the instructions. I'll go sit in the corner now : ) Margaret FPC Victor Collins Keeper of the Chick Magnet Magic

Reply to
REDMAYNARD