2004 Vue problem

I have a 2004 AWD V6 Vue with about 4500 miles. The problem: Just after starting up the cold engine, the instant I shift into gear, the coolant light comes on, and stays on for about 3-5 minutes of normal driving, and then turns off. The vehicle has never at any time been anywhere near overheating, especially during the time when the light is on.

So, what do i need to do? Take it in for service this weekend? Ignore it until the next oil change? Thanks. Margaret FPC Victor Collins Keeper of the Chick Magnet Magic

Reply to
REDMAYNARD

Most simple thing in the world to do, pop your hood and check your coolant level. While your at it check your oil level. You might have an air bubble in your cooling system.

People want to avoid the most basic principles of routinely checking their cars just because they're new or just because.

Blah Blah Keeper of the Yadda Yadda

Reply to
Blah blah