2005 Vue Daytime running lamps blink off

Had the resister replaced twice. Seems when it's damp outside, the running lamps won't come on. The light flickers in the dash and then goes out. Any idea's. Saturn replaced the resister about a month ago for the second time, but it happened again the next day.

Reply to
Shawn

What resistor is this? What is the relation to the dash (instrument panel) light and the running lights??? Do you mean the daytime running lights? The only resistor I know of is the dash light dimmer (which on my lw300 needs to be replaced since it is very erratic in operation).

Reply to
Oppie

It is under the hood over the driver's fender. It cracks and is then open to the elements. My lights (Daytime) don't come on when vehical is damp. The indicator light in dash blinks at first and then goes off.

Reply to
Shawn

I've fixed a lot of cars but this is one I haven't come across. All I can say is try an independent repair shop if you are not satisfied with Saturn. The one near me has a subscription to Alldata or some other professional service that gives them access to many of the things that only dealers used to get. If you had this part replaced a few times and it still is failing, there is most likely a service bulletin on it. Oppie

Reply to
oppie

Yes, have you checked for a TSB?

I'm not sure why an exposed resister would be a problem. What elements?

Reply to
PerfectReign

Reply to
Shawn