2006 saturn vue V6AWD question

Just purchased 2006 saturn vue V6 AWD. ONLY after turning key on and backing up, when I put car in drive and turn wheel, I hear a "burp" noise in what seems to be the steering column. Was told probably ABS brakes "initialing". Noise only happens when car is turned off and then back on, and only happens once. If you are pulling into parking spot and then backing up without turning car off, the noise is not there. Is this normal? Waiting to drive another 2006 V6 to see if it has the same noise. Any ideas. Thank you very much.

Reply to
jandh

I have a older Saturn SC2 that makes a noise everytime the vehicle is started and then moved the first time and it turned out to be the ABS self test and is quite normal for it. I would not be surprized if yours is the same. (it is kinda a Saturn thing)

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

I have a '06 Vue and asked the same quetion here about 5 months ago, except I stated that "it sounds like a tire rub" as soon as you start to move after starting.....To answer your question anyway, the answer is "yes", it is normal. I was told by several that it's the anit-lock system setting/checking itself. On the old SL's, you heard a quick chatter that sounded in the back of the car which was the ABS check. This is the same thing except it's up front and sounds more like a muffled tire rub as soon as you begin to roll....

Scott

Reply to
IYM