Thinking about buying a VUE...and comments?

My husband and I are thinking about buying a VUE... not sure whether we will go for a brand new one or try to find a previously owned one. We already have a 2000 LS sedan and are pretty happy with it. Any comments out there? Good or bad welcome.

Reply to
skittish

We purchased a brand new 04 Saturn vue. Quickly our new car experience went sour.

One week after we made the purchase, we noticed the back cargo light casing was just hanging off and not attached. So we made a call to take it in and have that fixed. While waiting for our repair appointment to have the cargo light attached, the CD player ate and refused to give back my CD and I also noticed a rattle in the dash board AND the far right dash board lights had quit. So, when we finally took it in for it?s first set of repairs (with in 7 days after it?s purchase), the stereo had to be replaced, the cargo light attached, and the rattle in the dash board was diagnosed as a ?BENT STEERING COLUMN? AND the lights started working so they could not diagnose the light problem. So they had to order the new stereo and the steering column. Now the dash board lights from the 70MPH and all the way over to the left do not work. We had them look at this problem and they supposedly ordered a part for this over 3 weeks ago and have not called us to schedule this repair.

Then several days ago we received their letter stating Saturn Vue?s may experience transmission problems.

AND ? Not once have they offered us a car to drive while the vue was in the shop. It is a 60 mile round trip to they?re location.

Traci

Reply to
misterfact

Get the V6 and a 2004. The 02 - 03 have weak steering. There are $3500 in deals and a $1000 QVC discount ticket (if someone has one). Have to get the sport package. So far so good with mine at 7K.

Reply to
M. Butkus

Is that the Honda V6 or the regular one (like in the L Series) ?

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

You do have a 30 day 1500 mile exchange with Saturn...

Reply to
M. Butkus

Vue 2004 Honda V6 250 HP and Honda trans. Just check the exhaust pipe. That's a big pipe for a 3.5 engine.

LOTS of power and very decent gas mileage. Careful with the foot, can decrease mileage from fast starts. I get 270 mile per 3/4 tank in hwy/city.. big factor... REGULAR GAS.

Only bad points... roof rack is $200.. non adjustable and makes wind noise. First gear shift is 3200 RPM... quite an overkill. I just got my QVC $1000 discount ticket from QVC

Reply to
M. Butkus

Have a 2004 with just over 6k miles on it. Wonderful car, works very nicely. Get the V6 (it's the Honda engine) and the comfort package (the leather) and you'll be spoiled rotten -- it's got power to spare and the leather seats are just comfy. I've been taking mine over the Sierra pretty regularly (from sea level to Washoe County, 4000 feet or so, over route 80) and there haven't been any engine issues with the altitude change (which my last car didn't much like...). The AWD works in snow OK, too -- it's not a jeep but it figures out when the wheels are losing traction and kicks in the AWD.

So - I like mine.

mh

Reply to
Matt Hayden

Cool, thanks... my have to go look at one (just curious of course). I'm not an SUV type, but I swear getting in and out of the small SUV's is really comfortable (and easy).

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

How did you come across the QVC discount? I've done a search on the web but can't find any details. Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Mr. A

My dealer asked my wife if she was a QVC member. She said yes, and he told us about the deal. We called the number he gave us, gave them our names and member IDs, and they said the coupon would be in the mail the next day. That was 3 days ago, and we're still waiting. In the meantime, our dealer has a $1000 check from us as a retainer until we can bring in the coupon.

If you're interested in the VUE, I highly recommend getting one before the 24th. Here's the perks I got (not all may apply to you):

-$1000 GM loyalty (traded in my leased Chevy Impala under the Pull-Ahead promotion)

-$1000 Truckfest

-$500 NY Autoshow discount

-$1000 QVC membership discount

Also got another -$500 because the VUE I picked out had ~4000 miles on it (a demo).

Reply to
M. Santiago

Well, I dropped by the dealer yesterday to look at the vue. I picked one up for a 24 hour test drive. Nice car, peppy ride, but wicked blind spots.

The dealer is discounting this particular vue $5000: $1,000 GM truck rebate, $2,500 saturn rebate, $1,500 "direct dealer rebate". I didn't ask about the qvc rebate, but definitely will if I decide to buy. One thing that bugs me is the dealer has installed extra profit items. They've added pin stripes, those smoked plastic sun shades on the windows and "special" cladding. I didn't think doing this was the "saturn way." This all adds $450 to the price, plus $290 for the doc fee.

I'm curious about why I would need to buy before the 24th. The salesman made it sound like the incentives were good until the end of may.

Reply to
Mr. A