2006 Vue: which wheels?

I'm about to get a 2006 V6 FWD Vue. The car I want (color & options) is in stock but with the standard 16" wheels. I'd like the 17" upgrade but it would mean a delay. There doesn't seem to be one available for trade (they're still looking) so I'd have to order the car from the factory. They say 3-4 weeks but I suspect it will be longer.

Is it worth waiting for? Is there a big difference between the 16" and 17" wheels? What is your experience with the standard 16" wheels?

Thanks for any advice.

... Jane

Reply to
js148

Nothing wrong with the stock 16" wheels on the '06 VUE. ( I gotta admit that my fav is the stock 4cyl VUE rims) However, a smart alternative is to ask if your dealer will assist you with ordering rims from tirerack.com (or another reputable company) and installing them for you. If they will do this, you may even be able to get nicer rims and save some money in the long run.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Really depends on your driving style. Keep the 16's for off road? Winter? Then get aftermarket for better on road performance and handling. I have 19's on my 04 AWD and love em.

Reply to
Wayne