DTC P0341 - 98 Saturn SL Manual 120K miles

The SES came on yesterday when I started the car to head home from work. It was on this morning so I checked it and got P0341.

Google helped me find out that I should just check the plugs and plug wires and work back from there. If the code comes back, I plan to follow these steps here :

My question is technical. Given the following series of codes:

P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction P0341 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance P0342 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Low Input P0343 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit High Input P0344 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Intermittent

How does a "Range/Performance" error differ from a malfunction, input, or intermittent error?

PS: I do understand that my 98SL does not in fact have a camshaft position sensor.

TIA

Richard

98 SL
Reply to
Richard

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

P0340 is when there is no signal to PCM and P0341 is when there is an incorrect signal to PCM.

P0342, P0343 and P0344 no not apply to your vehicle.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Okay, thanks a lot! I'm just trying to understand what's going on here.

Thanks for the chart, too! I'll use that if it comes back and I have to go through the TS steps!

Richard

98 Saturn SL
Reply to
Richard

I got the same thing on my 98 SL Saturn at 150000 new sparkplug wires fixed it.

Reply to
Bill G.