95 SL1 Clutch Replacement Cost

AAMCO charged me $900 with tax to replace the clutch and resurface the flywheel along with some other minor parts. Hydraulics were O.K. They said Saturn would charge ~$1200. What do you think, good deal or not?

Reply to
Joe

I had an independent shop estimate the job at $500-$600 for my 96 SL2, and they're pretty reliable in terms of including 'extras' like flywheel resurfacing. I don't know what 'other minor parts' might cost, but $900 would be high in my area (Vermont).

On the other hand, I never actually had the work done so I don't know what the final cost would have been.

Reply to
user

Seems high to me. I had mine done by a semi-chain shop in Texas (A+ Transmissions) for about $650 two years ago. Luk clutch, throw-out bearing, etc. No work was done to the hydraulics.

Saturn quoted me about $1000 for the job back then.

Reply to
Gary DelGrego