'95 SL2 wipers stopped working...

I don't have the owner's manual for this car. Can someone please be kind enough to tell me where the fuse for the windshield wipers is located?

TIA, Brigitte

Reply to
Brigitte J.

I have a 97 and don't know.

However both of my fuse/breaker boxes are labeled. One is on the passenger side of the console, and the other is under the hood next to the battery.

Wait... let me dig out my Chilton's - okay, it's in the panel inside the car (assuming you're not talking about a wagon's rear wiper).

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

"Jonnie Santos" wrote i

Nope, it's the windshield wipers. And that panel inside the car that you mention is on the passenger side console?

Thanks, Brigitte

Reply to
Brigitte J.

Yes, go open the passenger door and look at the side of console next to the dash where it meets the floor and you'll see one of the panels pulls off (it's about the size of a 5 x 7 photo). If this is still doesn't make sense let me know and I'll go snap a pic to share...

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Thanks Jonnie, I appreciate your detailed description, especially because of the weather here. I don't want to have to spend a lot of time looking for the fuse box.

If it EVER stops snowing here, I'll run out and take a look...

Brigitte

Reply to
Brigitte J.

I can't say for sure, but there are two places to look, a little black box by your battery, and by the left leg of the passenger's side, there is a little compartment. Wherever the fuse is, it should be marked.

Reply to
Skid

hi might not be a fuse,check to see if there is any resistance when you move them by hand(with wiper switch and car turned off). if not then there is a clip inside the cowl that has broken.

1/2hr labour and about $8.00 can for the part at the saturn dealer. jeff
Reply to
jeff

Thanks Jeff, I haven't investigated the problem any further. Fortunately the car is an "extra" car, I haven't had to go out into the 2' of snow to deal with it. But when it's warmer, I will check it out.

Thanks again, Brigitte

Reply to
Brigitte J.

Snow? ...okay Brigitte, guess I won't mention blue skies and 70 degrees at

9:30 AM on a Sunday morning with birds chirping outside. (wink)

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

I don't miss that weather. I lived in southern California all my life. I moved to Nebraska 3 years ago and I prefer the snow over the crowds and road rage. Besides, having 4 distinct seasons is nice.

Brigitte

Reply to
Brigitte J.