97 SL1 Fan runs after shutoff draining battery

I have a 97 SL1 which I bought new in Salt Lake City. It had a bad smell coming from the vents after the air conditioning was shut off. I took it to the dealer and they put something on it that run the ventilation fan after the air conditioning was shut off. They told me condensation on the coil was causing mold, and that the addition would dry the condensation. The fan would run after I shut the car.

I've since moved to Portland Oregon. Now the fan sometimes runs all night and drains the battery. (very annoying) I contacted Saturn of Portland. They have no idea what I'm talking about. I'd really appreciate any insight anyone has on this problem... how to disable the aftermarket circuit... or whatever. I'd much rather have the smell than a dead battery all the time.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Scott Stoddard

Go to

, there's a bunch of very knowledgeable folks there that'll help you or point you in the right direction. Good Luck!

Stephen Jaye

Reply to
Stephen Jaye

That was a after thought by Saturn. I remember hearing about it when I had my 97 and it was new. It's a timed relay that does just as you say, however it's only supposed to run the HVAC blower motor for a few minutes to dry the evap after using the A/C.

Try another dealer, or if worse comes to worse, get the name of the local tech in Portland, then call the old dealer Salt Lake and explain Portland's confusion. Hopefully they will contact the Portland dealer directly and if you can supply Salt Lake with the name in Portland, I'd think you'd have better luck.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos