'98 Saturn SC2

My Saturn has 82,654miles and until recently has not given me any problems. This year it's been one thing after the other and due to the additon of a new baby this year I don't have the funds right now to get a diagnostic in order to find out exactly what's wrong - unless I have no other option. Problems listed below in order of occurence.

1) the security system got quiet and then stoppped working, my transmitter still locks/unlocks the doors, but my beep which indicated the system was armed is now strangely silent.

2)my horn, which was never as loud as I'd like has now gotten so soft that it can barely be heard.

3) on really hot days once I shut the car off it will not restart until I let it cool off about 15 minutes. I turn the key and there's no sound other than a slight click and I can still hear the fan running for several minutes after I turn off the car.

I had the following work done this year (oil change, transmission & engine flush) master cylinder & brake pads. The only other thing was at my last oil change the mechanic told me that my a/c compressor & clutch needed to be replaced. Since my a/c has been working great I decided I'd wait as long as possible to have this nearly $1.000 job done. I had the battery checked and was told there's nothing wrong with it. I'm hoping it's something electrical (a short, or a fuse) and I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a cheap way of checking. Please help!

Reply to
unmechanical