99 sc2 engine change out

I have a 99 sc2 with a blown rod can i put a single cam engine in there without modification to any thing ? I know the bone yard said only a 99 engine into a 99 does any one know what yrs will fit with not to many problems,,,thanks john

Reply to
studyvwguy

No. Swapping from a dual cam to a single cam is not that simple. You'd have to do the PCM, engine wiring harness, exhaust pieces/parts, and possibly the gauge cluster. While I'm not positive, I'm pretty confident that you should be able to go with any S-Series DOHC from 1999 and up (assuming that you have the narrower head design with the roller valvetrain). Find a knowledgeable Saturn tech in your area who is willing to give some advice.

For more on interchangeability, check here:

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane