99 SC2 Oil Leak

My daughter's 1999 SC2 started leaking oil soon after we bought it. Judging by the way it is leaking oil, I suspect the rear main seal is the culprit. The car has around 30K miles on it so I am rather surprised and distressed to have the seal give out this soon.

Anyone else have similar problems with an SC2?

-------------------------------------- Tom Kunsitis - Richmond, Virginia USA

Reply to
Tom Kunsitis

Or is it the oil pan by the rear crank? There have been a few posts about the pan leaking back there.

Reply to
mcyben