Bad Saturn Service

2005 VUE, FWD, V6:

Had them do a front brake job and about a week later, started a "grinding" noise whne stopping at a sign or light. Only a slow, low speed stop.

Took it back in and they charged me $49.95 for a "brake inspection" and found nothing wrong.

Two weeks later, noise MUCH worse so I took it to a shop a friend suggested. They found the pins that the brakes slide on rusted and binding. No lube at all on the shims and other issues. Fixed all of it for $92.00. While there, he looked at my oil that I had changed at the same time and it was low and dirty. I have been paying for synthetic oil every

3000 miles and apparently, they have not even been doing that since the mechanic said the oil in my engine was not synthetic.

I have photos and documentation on all of this so I am filing a formal complaint to the California BAR.

Folks, be careful out there. Saturn dealers are NOT always your friend.

JohnS San Diego, CA

Reply to
HomerH

That's the reason that I started trying to do my own maintenance and repairs back in the early '70s. Tools were expensive so I had a guide that the difference in price between a professional repair and what the parts cost me was put toward tools purchase. Oppie - White Plains, NY

Reply to
Oppie

yep; that good ol' gm service.....happened to me with the last saturn I bought, last gm car I'll ever buy at that.

Reply to
raamman

JohnS, sorry to hear of your problem. In addition to the step you have already taken, I'd also suggest you contact Saturn or GM Customer Assistance. Contact information should be in your Owner's Manual and is also available online at

Both, please don't condemn *all* Saturn and GM service providers based onyour experience -- all that I've gone to have ranged from acceptable to excellent.

Reply to
Steve

You should also complain to the factory reps.

I had some similar issues with a Ford dealer a couple years ago.

The guy actually came to my house after talking with me on the phone.

He looked at what I had to support the complain, agreed and arranged for the truck to go to a different dealer at no cost and got me credit on some of the other work.

Also had a voucher for $2,000 toward a new Ford product but went for our third Saturn instead.

Reply to
Jay Giuliani