Bleeding radiator

I flushed my radiator per instructions on the can of flush.

Now I get a blinking low-coolant-level light about 2 minutes after the engine starts...I'm guessing the engine's warming, the thermostat is opening and causing the light...due to an air bubble?

The reservoir is full. If there *is* and air bubble, can I bleed it out somewhere? Can I park my car at an angle in a ditch to make the reservoir a much higher high-point, hoping the bubble will escape? Engine temp is normal.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Barry Schnoor

When you flushed the system, did you remove the reservoir and clean it too? Could you have disconnected or loosened the sensor in the bottom of the reservoir? My understanding is that the sensor just makes sure that there is coolant covering it so if the reservoir is actually full as you say, then the problem is most likely a defective sensor or the connections between it and the computer.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Its likely that while the reservoir looks full, its just low enough to where the light turns on. An air bubble will not do this since the coolant level is checked right at the reservoir. Try topping off the reservoir a little and see if that takes care of it. If not, you're looking at a bad level sensor or connection.

Jamie

Reply to
BANDIT2941