Buying Used 95 Saturn-Advise!

Hello Folks, Hope i my ask some question here in this Saturn ng.

The shifter handle on the 5 speed manual transmission is held to together with some kind of nylon strapping done by the owner. the owner says there is a broken bushing in the shifter linkage which is just under the handle which is also inside the console cover (which he has removed). Is this a common problem & is it expensive to get fixed?

The owner says sometimes the car will suddenly start to miss & then the motor will quit. Then you must let it cool off (or wait a few minutes) & restart it it. Owner says "it does not do it all the time . More like a random thing". What could cause this?

how can i tell if i have the bad defect engine that has cracked head? I heard one engine has defective cylinder head? How can i tell if i'm buying this problem? What do i need to do, to make sure this problem would be covered by a defective recall from Saturn? or is it going to be my problem to pay for?

I need to know what problems & defects to look for when buying this Car. Please advise SOON!!

Email me is cool if ya want to.

S_H

Reply to
Semi Head

jdoe

------------------------------------------- From: snipped-for-privacy@msn.com (jdoe) Why do you want to buy "this" particular car. It sounds like you could certainly make better choices.

Larry

--------------------------------------

Because I can buy it really really cheap from a cousin.

i sure was counting one you folks. guess i'll just dive in.

S_H

Reply to
Semi Head

Reply to
jdoe

Geez, i was hoping to get answers to my question in my original post. I know that i might be buying problems but for a $150 car, i could accept a few of them if they are to expensive. Hence my questions.

S_H

Reply to
Semi Head

Reply to