car stalls

I have a 96 sl1, when the car is running at norm rpms, it stalls. When I rev it up, it runs okay. But after it runs for a little bit, the engine stalls again. If I let it sit for a bit, the car will start up again and run okay for a little bit and stall again. Any suggestions?

Reply to
iset4all

Sounds like fuel delivery problem. Possibly the fuel pump. You need to check fuel line pressure at the injector rail when it has stalled or won't start. Could also be a sensor, but then I'd expect the Check/Service Engine Light to be illuminated and have some diagnostic code(s) set.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Why not read the stored trouble codes before speculating or guessing? If the car is a 1995 or older, you can do it yourself with the instructions here:

to Diagnostic Trouble Code Information, and Diagnostic Trouble CodeChart for 1st Gen Saturns. Or, you can stop by any Autozone and they will read them for you for no charge.

Even if you spring for the diagnostic fee at the dealer, you will come out ahead if it saves you from replacing a "could be" part that it wasn't.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane